In the small community of Warpe in Lower Saxony, today's Eco-Hotel Okelmann's is located in a building dating from 1879.
The Okelmann family has been welcoming guests here for four generations – and for just as long, they have put nature and people in the foreground. Commitment to sustainability is a matter of course for the Okelmann's – regardless of whether social or ecological factors are involved.
- Authentic vacation, unwind and relax
- Sauna in a shepherd's caravan
- Yoga room for retreats and yoga classes
- Wooden whirlpool
- Classical recipes combined with cozy comfort and a breeze of Nordic freshness
- In-house restaurant and café
- Celebrations in the garden with a view of the fields and countryside, plus an "all-round carefree package".
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
All 16 rooms are furnished with natural materials and colors in the northern style with many affectionate details. You can choose between double rooms and single rooms. Especially suitable for families are the double rooms with connecting doors.
History & Philosophy
Since 1879 the today’s location was home to a pub and a farm. Through marriage in 1916, the name was changed from Kuhlmann to Okelmann.
Today it still carries the name and is managed in the fifth generation by the family Okelmann. Annegret and Helmut are still involved in the hotel’ s operation, but have, however, put the responsibility in their daughter’s hands.
Coaching & Retreats
At a very early stage Maren and Kristin Okelmann have added the interplay of mankind and nature.
In seminars and trainings such as Reiki and sound massage they were allowed to experience oneness and focus on the beauty in and around them. .
Maren is a trained sound massage therapist and yoga teacher and passes on her knowledge in her courses and applications. The new yoga room can also be booked for retreats under external guidance.
- Since the beginning of the 19th century the buildings are in family estate. Over time the structure was redeveloped several times and in 2012 an annex was added.
- Extensions and renovations were carried out together with local architects and the typical Northern German half-timbered style was received. Together with small craft enterprises from the region and their team the owners Maren Geisler-Okelmann and Kristin Okelmann realized their design ideas.
- The equipment of the hotel rooms is made out of natural wood from regional carpenters.
- Stimulating Granderwasser at the entire hotel
- In the rooms and at the breakfast buffet you find a decanter with Granderwasser with a pine wood cap
- Biodegradable cleaning agents
- In all hotel rooms high-quality natural products for the guests
- The Okelmann’s disposes of a cogeneration unit and a photovoltaic unit
- Energy-saving lamps and water savings buttons
- Towels are exchanged in the hotel rooms only on request
- With renunciation of the everyday room cleaning guests can expect a small surprise
- No excessive paper consumption, e.g., use of a digital host’s app
- A large part of the goods are delivered in deposit boxing
- Packaging material is returned to the suppliers
- Use of returnable bottles
- Use of biodegradable cleaning agents & recycled toilet paper
- Prevention of waste and proper recycling
- Regional and seasonal products as well as many products in bio-quality
- Personal relationship to the suppliers and maintaining esteeming business relations
- Use of fresh herbs and spices from own garden
- Homemade production of cakes
- Vegan and vegetarian dishes
- Monthly donation to organizations who have committed themselves to the preservation & protection of nature (NaBu, Plant for the planet, …)
- A regular donation to local associations and for charitable purposes
- On advance order and against a surcharge rent of E-bikes and bicycles to explore the nice landscape
- Upon arrival with the public transportation shuttle service to the hotel can be ordered (against surcharge)
- The Okelmann’s is certified with the blue swallow (Blaue Schwalbe)
- The hotel rooms in the Okelmann’s are certified with four stars by the DEHOGA