In the small community of Warpe in Lower Saxony, today's Eco-Hotel Okelmann's is located in a building dating from 1879.
The Okelmann family has been welcoming guests here for four generations – and for just as long, they have put nature and people in the foreground. Commitment to sustainability is a matter of course for the Okelmann's – regardless of whether social or ecological factors are involved.
You will feel the passion for good hospitality already at the welcome: the hosts welcome you warmly and with a large portion of good humor .
Modern renovated rooms in historic buildings, regional and seasonal delicacies and a sauna in a converted shepherd's cart - relaxation and well-being are guaranteed at Okelmann's. Right next to the shepherd's cart sauna you will find a wooden whirlpool that can be fired by hand with wood from the hotel's own forest in a traditional way.
In addition to the 16 rooms, Okelmann's includes Café Heimatliebe, which serves delicious homemade food, the new yoga room and a room of silence- for sound massages and meditation. The experience at Okelmann's is natural, genuine and wholehearted.
- Authentic vacation, unwind and relax
- Sauna in a shepherd's caravan
- Yoga room for retreats and yoga classes
- Wooden whirlpool
- Classical recipes combined with cozy comfort and a breeze of Nordic freshness
- In-house restaurant and café
- Celebrations in the garden with a view of the fields and countryside, plus an "all-round carefree package".
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
All 16 rooms are furnished with natural materials and colors in the northern style with many affectionate details. You can choose between double rooms and single rooms. Especially suitable for families are the double rooms with connecting doors.
On request, you can sleep on “green earth” cushion from kapok, virgin wool or pine. In your stay included is the tasty breakfast with fresh wooden stove bread, home-made jam and spreads, organic coffee, organic cheese and more.
Restaurant, Café & Hotel
In the Café Heimatliebe you are spoilt for breakfast and for your quick breaks with home-baked cakes and cupcakes, quiches and soups, bio-coffee and sandwiches. While you peacefully enjoy the delicious lusciousness, the children play in the playroom next door.
In the restaurant belonging to the Okelmann’s, season decides what’s on the plate: Asparagus of own fields or herbs from the garden, in addition, goat cheese of the cheese dairy in Hohenmoor and products from the water buffalo farm next door. The dishes are prepared with a lot of love – as love goes through the stomach. Time and time again a highlight is Annegrets home-made pudding!
History & Philosophy
Since 1879 the today’s location was home to a pub and a farm. Through marriage in 1916, the name was changed from Kuhlmann to Okelmann.
Today it still carries the name and is managed in the fifth generation by the family Okelmann. Annegret and Helmut are still involved in the hotel’ s operation, but have, however, put the responsibility in their daughter’s hands.
Both are professionals and have gained their experience at other hotels before they moved back in their native country and to the beloved parental company.
Already since generations, the well being of people and the earth stood in the center of every action of the family Okelmann. “Our passion is to bring people and nature to each other. Not only in the house and kitchen”, they sum up their philosophy.
Coaching & Retreats
At a very early stage Maren and Kristin Okelmann have added the interplay of mankind and nature.
In seminars and trainings such as Reiki and sound massage they were allowed to experience oneness and focus on the beauty in and around them. .
Maren is a trained sound massage therapist and yoga teacher and passes on her knowledge in her courses and applications. The new yoga room can also be booked for retreats under external guidance.
- Since the beginning of the 19th century the buildings are in family estate. Over time the structure was redeveloped several times and in 2012 an annex was added.
- Extensions and renovations were carried out together with local architects and the typical Northern German half-timbered style was received. Together with small craft enterprises from the region and their team the owners Maren Geisler-Okelmann and Kristin Okelmann realized their design ideas.
- The equipment of the hotel rooms is made out of natural wood from regional carpenters.
- Stimulating Granderwasser at the entire hotel
- In the rooms and at the breakfast buffet you find a decanter with Granderwasser with a pine wood cap
- Biodegradable cleaning agents
- In all hotel rooms high-quality natural products for the guests
- The Okelmann’s disposes of a cogeneration unit and a photovoltaic unit
- Energy-saving lamps and water savings buttons
- Towels are exchanged in the hotel rooms only on request
- With renunciation of the everyday room cleaning guests can expect a small surprise
- No excessive paper consumption, e.g., use of a digital host’s app
- A large part of the goods are delivered in deposit boxing
- Packaging material is returned to the suppliers
- Use of returnable bottles
- Use of biodegradable cleaning agents & recycled toilet paper
- Prevention of waste and proper recycling
- Regional and seasonal products as well as many products in bio-quality
- Personal relationship to the suppliers and maintaining esteeming business relations
- Use of fresh herbs and spices from own garden
- Homemade production of cakes
- Vegan and vegetarian dishes
- Monthly donation to organizations who have committed themselves to the preservation & protection of nature (NaBu, Plant for the planet, …)
- A regular donation to local associations and for charitable purposes
- On advance order and against a surcharge rent of E-bikes and bicycles to explore the nice landscape
- Upon arrival with the public transportation shuttle service to the hotel can be ordered (against surcharge)
- The Okelmann’s is certified with the blue swallow (Blaue Schwalbe)
- The hotel rooms in the Okelmann’s are certified with four stars by the DEHOGA