“Our values? Rural, considerate and honest. Our philosophy? Nature provides all we need.” LA VIMEA
The first purely vegan hotel in Italy is located in the sun-spoilt Vinschgau in South Tirol. The LA VIMEA lies near the centre of Naturns and pampers its guests with a creative, vegan kitchen.
In the Adults Only hotel you will find maximum relaxation, rest and wellness opportunities. Start the day with yoga on the wooden or enjoy a refreshing bath in the natural pond in the park.
The resource-preserving actions are important: in the kitchen only local and seasonal products are processed, the beds are made of solid wood and the bedclothes of fair trade organic cotton, the cosmetics are without any synthetic additives.
100% vegan - 100% sustainable
- First purely vegan hotel in Italy
- Adults only
- Saltwater pool and natural bath pond
- Yoga retreat experience with daily yoga classes, meditation and forest bathing
- Resource-preserving: bedclothes are made fair trade organic cotton, regional, seasonal and all vegan kitchen, bio-vegan construction methods
- energetic and Ayurvedic treatments in a healing environment
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms and Amenities
- several room categories eligible, all with balcony or terrace
- 100% of Fairtrade- organic -cotton
- The Blanket is with 2.20 m extra-long made of Tencil fibers
- WaterLily mattresses are biologically diminishable, the two-ply premium-natural cold foam core is produced of renewable sources with a mixture of ethereal herbal oils.
- The newly renovated rooms are equipped with extra long beds 2,20 m
- ADULTS ONLY
- Wines with strong character made by organic vegan (former organic dynamic) small winegrowers, as it is also the owner’s family itself
- Saltwater pool and natural bath pond
- Sunbathing area
- Hot Stone Lounge
- Sauna area
- Yoga and Ayurveda
- Nature park
History and philosophy
When taking over the formerly classical hotel with the wonderful extensive park the available basic structures were kept. With this basis the complete hotel was refurbished and modernized and converted into the first 100% vegan hotel in South Tyrol.
There are just a few hotels in Europe being consequently sustainable and vegan.
Many hotels claim to be “vegan friendly”, in the meantime offering only one vegan menu in addition to the conventional kitchen.
But only very few or almost nobody has applied vegan as to the construction method. This also applies for the intransigence regarding the furnishing: Everything up to the smallest detail is vegan, free of bioassay, biodegradable .
Since 2016 LA VIMEA has made a name for itself as being 100 % vegan, it is a benchmark in the vegan world. The house holds the BIOTIQUE label which contains requirements in respect of sustainability and vegan approach.
- Social projects
- Old larches wood felled at full moon in the rooms
- Bio -Vegan construction methods
- Natural bath pond in the nearby in-house park
- Saltwater indoor pool pool
- Hot Stone Lounge – local stones of the Adige (partially from the river, partially from the mountains)
- No animal products (as for example leather etc.)
- Barrier free within the entire hotel, all areas can be reached by wheel chair
- Solar used for the hot-water production
- Rainwater storage tank for the garden irrigation
- Own bio cultivation (pumpkin, courgette, beetroot, spices, …)
- low routes of transport by additional purchase of products with local farmers
- Bio-cotton FAIRTRADE with the bedclothes,
- Biodegradable cosmetics and cleansing products free of bioassay
- Biodegradable mattresses
- No pesticides
- Use of ecological paper for printing
- Own shop with the products of low ecological footprint (vegan products in bio-quality)
- For a sleep very free of radiation the WLAN is switched of between 11pm – 06: am (headword: “Digital Detox”)
- No outlets near the head of the beds
- Use of “green” energy
- Own electric filling station will soon be integrated
- Plastic avoidance
- Strict garbage separation (training measures inside and regular control of the standards)
- Own bio-compost, the humus is used in the garden for fertilizing
- Zero waste management plan
- Partially in house production, the rest is covered by local farmers
- Local and regional
- Exclusively vegan kitchen (half board with lunch option)
- Made by people!
Cooperation with Vinterra (decrease of food)
Vinterra is a social co-operative with the focus on social and professional integration of undeprivileged people.