“Relax sustainably. Enjoy consciously.” Strandhaus Boutique Resort & Spa
The charming hotel Strandhaus is situated in the biosphere reserve Spreewald directly at the green shore of the Spree River. The green wellness oasis amazes with generous rooms, an elegant spa area, and most of all a fantastic view on the surrounding river branches.
From the terrace, you have a great view over the nicely arranged garden area and the Spree - deep green and burbling water as far as the eye can see. Explore the enchanting Spreewald landscape individually by boat or actively by bike; renting stations are conveniently accessible.
Whether you like to canoe, to bike and to swim in summer, or enjoy romantic boat trips with mulled wine and cozy hours in the fireside lounge in winter — the Strandhaus is ideal starting point for regional activities and place of relaxation.
Culinarily, the Strandhaus also has plenty to offer. Healthy and varied regional cuisine awaits you at the Strand Cafe restaurant.
- Beautiful location on an island surrounded by the river Spree
- Fantastic views from balconies, as well as lobby and restaurant areas
- Spa area with panorama sauna
- Lovingly arranged garden area
- Possibilities for unique activities, such as canoe trips starting in front of the house or boat trips with mulled wine
- Authentic regional cuisine
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
- 20 rooms and suites invite you to relax.
- natural and modern furnishings
- all rooms with terrace or balcony
- luxurious spa suites with balcony and private sauna
- 1 wheelchair accessible room
- Generous spa area panorama sauna with view to the river
- massage shower
- relaxation room
- massage and cosmetics lounge (treatments at an extra cost)
- idyllic lawn for relaxation outside
- Strand Cafe restaurant with panorama windows
- Terrace on multiple levels directly at the river
- Garden lounge with a view to hotel garden and river
- Inviting lobby with comfortable seating and view to river
- Fireside lounge with bar
History & Philosophy
The premises of hotel Strandhaus Spreewald look back on more than 85 years of tradition. Already in 1928, confectioner Willy Petrenz sold coffee and cakes at the premises of the Strand Cafe, which was opened 1930.
Since then, the venue has shaped the societal life of the city Lübben. Still today, it is a popular place for events of all kinds, such as weddings or dances.
In addition, the hotel Strandhaus was built in 2011 and opened its doors in 2012. Today the hotel Strandhaus follows a clear sustainable philosophy, as stated in the Strandhaus creed.
Next to the guests’ well-being as highest requirement, the hotel commits to its ecological, economic and social responsibility. With green and social initiatives, the hotel proudly represents the Spreewald region and supports the local tradition and culture passionately.
- Energy & Water Management
- Waste Management
- Regionality & Social Responsibility
- Regional wooden construction
- Use of natural materials, mostly wood from certified forestry
- Recycling of old building materials
- Consideration of existing tree population, venue is partly even built around trees
Energy & Water Management
- Use of energy-saving bulbs or LEDs
- Gas-powered cogeneration units generate half of yearly electricity demand (conversion from natural gas to biogas planned in 2016)
- Green energy for remaining power supply
- Water softener and decalcifier limits water flow, thereby water is saved and use of detergents diminished
- Consequent separation of waste, either at point of origin or subsequently
- Waste avoidance: conscious renunciation of print products like brochures, flyer, notes etc.
- Regular staff trainings about waste separation
Regionality & Social Responsibility
- Use of regional and seasonal products, vegetables mainly obtained from local farmers, the chef grows vegetables and herbs in his own garden
- Local building materials
- Local firms hired for the building of the hotel
- 100% local staff
- Support of youth welfare service and local kindergarten, as well as local rifle club to preserve cultural tradition
- Commitment for local, tourist, cultural and social projects
- Wages at least in accordance with agreements, permanent contracts and guaranteed rehiring, flexible working hours for employees with children