“Located in the breathtaking nature between the French border and the Costa Brava, the vacation home POU DE GLAÇ - ECO TOURISM in Siurana invites you to enjoy sports, relaxation and adventure in the open spaces of the northern Spanish region.” POU DE GLAÇ - ECO TOURISM
The three extraordinary vacation homes of POU DE GLAÇ - ECO TOURISM are located at the foot of the Pyrenees near the bay of Rosas. The historic property invites you to relax and unwind in free nature. In 2019, the houses were completely renovated and modernly furnished, and only opened in 2021. The vacation rentals are the ideal retreat and offer plenty of privacy for self-catering guests who want to enjoy a quiet time out in a unique ambiance. Each of the houses is characterized by its own unique charm, shaped by the former use.
For small celebrations with up to 16 people, " The Vault" with its spacious main room and long table is at your disposal. The 20 m2 grill kitchen and the open reception area facing the creek complete this intimate location.
The historic landmarked ice fountain with its high dome offers plenty of space for various uses from exhibitions to yoga retreats. Let yourself be inspired by this extraordinary place with its very own atmosphere and transform individual ideas into reality.
There is also a natural park with a small stream, a meadow, an olive grove, and pomegranate and almond trees on the large grounds. From the terrace of your vacation home, you can enjoy the tranquility and wide-open spaces of the beautiful grounds.
The property is located in the east of northern Spain between the French border and the Costa Brava. The vacation homes offer an ideal starting point to explore the nature and culture of the Spanish region. The wide landscape and free nature invite you to relax as well as to sportive adventures. Figueres, the birthplace of Salvador Dalís, is nearby with its historic old town. The nearby beaches of the Bay of Roses are perfect for swimming, windsurfing or sailing.
- Bright and modern furnished cottages
- Historical building ensemble, freshly renovated with natural materials
- Space for celebrations up to 16 people
- 6000 m2 large park with olives, almond and pomegranate trees
- Relaxation in nature with views of the Pyrenees
- Secluded hideaway with many possibilities for excursions in the surrounding area
being local - authentic experiences
Houses & Facilities
Experience pure relaxation and plenty of privacy in three modernly furnished cottages in converted old buildings with lots of charm. There are also rooms for festivities and cultural events on the property.
- Light-filled vacation home designed by Barcelona architect Damián Ribas with low energy consumption
- Space for 4 persons
- Optional connection to the loft for 2 persons possible
- Spacious living space with dining and living room and open kitchen
- Floor heating and cooling
- Evening sun garden with unobstructed views of the Pyrenees
- Spacious bedroom with four-poster bed and private terrace to private morning sun garden
- Two smaller bedrooms
- Gallery with two workstations
- One daylight bathroom with rain shower and bathtub
- Renovated flour mill from the 17th century
- Space for a total of 6 people
- Suite with private bathroom (free bathtub, rain shower, separate toilet)
- Two children’s rooms with bunk beds and their own bathrooms
- Spacious living room with dining room and open kitchen
- Cozy living room with fireplace, covered terrace with comfortable corner bench and panoramic view over the olive grove to the Pyrenees
- Cozy loft formerly used as a tractor garage.
- Space for 2 people
- Small fully equipped kitchen
- Daylight bathroom with shower and toilet
- 50 m2 living room with dining area and two comfortable sofa beds
- Private terrace for cozy evenings
- Floor heating and cooling
- Room for celebrations up to 16 people
- 20 m2 grill kitchen with countertop and sink
- Open reception area facing the creek
- Spacious main room with a long table
The Ice Fountain
- Multifunctional space for exhibitions, receptions, presentations, kick-off events, or yoga retreats.
- Historic landmark ice fountain, which served as a natural refrigerator for the storage of natural ice.
- Dome provides unique acoustics.
Garage and parking lot
- Sufficient parking spaces
Charging possibility for electric vehicles with up to 16 kW
The POU DE GLAÇ – ECO TOURISM vacation homes consist of a total of five historic buildings. The namesake ice fountain was used to store natural ice and was a natural refrigerator. In winter, the ice was taken from the former mill pond and stored until June, and even sold to Italy.
The owner used to play by the mill and the small Rec d’Estany stream as a child and has a special personal connection to the place. In 2015, the property was up for sale and the owner couple didn’t hesitate too long to implement their vision of sustainable vacation homes. In 2016, Barcelona based architect Damián Ribas was commissioned to design the vacation homes. Between 2017 and 2019, the buildings were transformed by a local contractor Joan Alsina, who is specialized in the renovation of country houses. In September 2021, they will welcome guests in the houses for the first time.
All buildings on the property were renovated with natural materials. Wood and natural stone were the main materials used, which provide an interesting contrast to the steel and cement used and create a modern twist between old and new architecture. The unspoiled nature all around, including a small creek on the property, invites you to rest and relax.
- Heating / Ventilation
- Energy management
- Environmental Protection
- Landmarked, historic buildings
- Renovation with natural materials (solid wood, cement, brick, concrete, and iron)
- Organic paint without evaporation
- A natural ventilation system provides a comfortable and sustainable indoor climate.
- Effective isolation of the roof (construction method of the Pyrenees from different layers of materials) and walls for optimal thermal isolation
- Garden watering via drainage system and rainwater storage tank
- Canadian fountain or earth fountain:
The principle was used in ancient times. A long pipe buried deep in the ground moves air through an intake filter into the house’s ventilation system. In winter, the outside air is cold and the temperature is raised by the geothermal heat, so the house is heated.
In summer, on the other hand, the air temperature is high and the air is cooled before it ventilates the house.
- Underfloor heating / cooling through energy-efficient combination of geothermal wells and air-source heat pump
- 100 % renewable energy
- Charging possibility for electric vehicles with up to16 kW
- 6000 m2park with meadow, olive grove, pomegranate and almond trees
- Organic paint without evaporation
- No use of pesticides
- No use of drinking water for irrigation