“At the Hotel Sturm there is only good! Organic kitchen, natural garden, spa and wellness – what is labelled bio is bio. You can taste this with all senses.” Hotel Sturm
Awarded as the first bio-organic hotel in the biosphere reserve within the Rhön
You are looking for relaxation, untouched nature and long to find your inner self or prefer an active vacation? Then here is the perfect location. The Hotel Sturm is situated in the most beautiful natural region in the Rhön, a unique location in Germany at the outskirts of Mellrichstadt in the midst of the border triangle Bavaria, Hesse and Thuringia.
Put your foot on good ground!
At the Hotel Sturm you find a home on time, arrive, feel good and relax, is the lived philosophy of the organic hotel. Wellness for body and soul. Be it a pampering rest at the Rhön spa, holistic massages, a refreshing bath in the idyllic swimming pond, yoga lessons for your inner balance, or fresh delicacies in the in-house restaurant. You will certainly find your own pampering program. For the active vacationers, we recommend hikes or also mountain bike tours.
- The first certified organic hotel in the biosphere reserve in the Rhön
- 100% biologic certified and supporter of the Slow Food movement
- Ingredients from controlled biological cultivation and regional production
- Bio kitchen, natural garden, Spa and Wellness
- Walking, rest, activity holiday and maximum relaxation
- Skiing, winter sports or mountain biking
“Just in front of our door is one of the most exciting natural regions of Europe, the Biosphere Reserve Rhön. To preserve the beauty of this miraculous scenery and to take over consciously responsibility for humans and environment, also for the coming generations - has always motivated us! Therefore not only ecological standards, but also ethical principles and social responsibility are the guidelines of our enterprise.”
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
- 45 rooms differently designed
- Rooms with balcony are available
Modern, clear and colorful design
- Bath with shower or bathtub, toilet and hairdryer
- Flatscreen, radio and phone
- Breakfast buffet includes
- Free WIFI
- Rhön spa with wellness garden
Classical, elegant design meets modern age
- Bath with shower or bathtub, WC and hairdryer
- Flat-screen, radio and phone
- Breakfast buffet included
- Free WIFI
- Rhön spa with wellness garden
Simple elegance and natural materials in earth tones let the mind come to rest
- Bathroom with shower or bathtub, WC and hairdryer
- Flat TV, radio and telephone
- Breakfast buffet included
- Free wifi
- Use of the Rhön Spa with wellness garden
- Free bathrobe
Your private holiday home in the Rhön
Independent and yet enjoying the luxury of a hotel. This comes true in the newly designed holiday home of the Biohotel Sturm in the Rhön region. Located at the nibble garden in the rear part of the 30,000 square meter hotel garden, a private refuge awaits you. You can use the Rhön-Spa, the swimming pond and of course the snack garden free of charge.
A well-equipped kitchen allows you maximum flexibility. Of course you can also book the delicious breakfast or the 100% organic certified dinner, as well as all other hotel services, at the Biohotel Sturm. Up to six people can be accommodated on 220 square metres of living space.
Bookable from Saturday to Saturday.
Upstairs there are 3 bedrooms with six beds (2 baby beds can be added), 2 bathrooms.
Basement: open living room with dining area, guest toilet, tiled stove, TV, sitting area, kitchen with oven, refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee machine, eating and cooking utensils.
Sitting possibility on the roofed terrace in the private, large garden.
For prices please contact the Hotel Sturm
Open Kitchen Restaurant Otto’s
100% organic food at restaurant Otto’s: the Hotel Sturm is a member of Slow Food Germany.
Most of the organic food is sourced directly from the Rhön or surrounding regions like Thuringia Forest.
- The strict criteria and guidelines for organic production are also binding for all providers for an understandable and transparent production chain.
- the kitchen team transforms the the organic food into seasonal and regional delicacies.
Garden & “Rhön” Spa
- In the indoor area you will find two saunas, a steam bath, a fresh air grotto, natural cosmetic treatments, massages, body treatments and much more
- The outdoor area offers a log cabin sauna with its own rest area in the House of Silence, a natural bathing pond and a barefoot path in our unique garden landscape.
- the herbs and nibble garden with fruits and vegetables invite for staying and trying
History & Philosophy
Life in harmony with nature is the greatest strength of the Hotel Sturm and its employees. Here one finds rest and relaxation directly within the Biosphere Reserve Rhön. Conservation of nature is one of the core pillars of the hotel.
- Energy Management
- Climate neutral hotel
- Natural materials reflecting the sustainable Philosophy of the Hotel
- Preservation of the original building structure
- The original masonry was plastered with mineral lime mud
- Wooden cladding with silver fir provides for an inviting and warm atmosphere
- The herbs and nibble garden invites guests to picking and tasting all fruits and herbs.
It was set up by passionate shrub and landscape gardeners with a natural bath pond and log cabin sauna
- 100% of the used ingredients from biological cultivation
- Ingredients predominantly from bio-producers from the region
- Seasonal food
- Member of the Slow Food movement
- Herb and nibble garden
- A large part is produced in-house as for example jam with fruits of the garden, chutney, syrup and even baked bread
- Consideration of incompatibilities and diet wishes of the guests with the preparation of special dishes
- Passion for food
What means “BIO”? Criteria for the healthy bio kitchen
Which food are “bio” is clearly defined: Key aspects of animal husbandry are the renunciation of preventive medication, free-range husbandry as well as the exclusive feeding with 100% bio-feed. Vegetables, grapes, grain and field products may not be squirted with chemistry or be treated artificially for storage.
- Cogeneration unit
- Solar Thermal Energy
- Heat recovery systems from refrigeration engines
- Photovoltaik Plant
- High-efficiency pumps with low electricity demand
- Brazed plate heat exchangers
- Renunciation of chemical fertilizers in the hotel garden
- 100% natural makeup certificated in the spa area
- Eco Swimming Pond with Granderwasser
When the host family Schulze-Dieckhoff planned a swimming pool, it very soon became obvious that the decision could only be a natural swimming pond. Together with a landscape gardener the eco swimming pond was installed in the garden of the Biohotel Sturm and filled with pure, animated Granderwasser. The swimming and regeneration zone of the natural pond forms a small ecosystem in the midst of the extensive hotel facilities.
Since November 2019, Hotel Sturm is officially climate neutral. Additionally to the continuing effort to reduce carbon emissions, remaining emissions are being offset with projects in Uruguay and Ruanda.